Friday, November 7, 2008

Some New Friends

On weekends I work at a local garden center helping to do a bit of everything, mostly though I work the register. Overall, everyone is fun, we have a good time, and the customers add to the experience of the job. More on that in future postings.

The people I work with are a diverse lot... coming from all places, economic backgrounds, and cultures. Following are some of my favorites, the ones who make me laugh day in and day out:

Alberta Spruce- she is sharp as a tack, will only work outside, and so short as to almost be called a Dwarf, yet she claims many of her family are extremely tall.

Al Fresco- This guy loves to be outside... and is always telling me about the great meals and conversations he's had over the many years of his life.

Pete Moss-He's is a weird dude to say the least. He is loved by many, but has this funky outdoorsy, earthy kinda smell. He is so skinny, I feel like one day the wind is going to blow him out of the center.

Hy Drangea-Hy is an older guy, loves being inside the store or outside and always has colorful comments.

More later...

No comments: