Monday, November 14, 2016

I can no longer believe in the goodnes of all people, and that's a sad personal reality

Dear Friends

Don't ask me to hold hands with those who voted for Trump and 'come together'. It's not the job of the Democrats to reach out now, we have, for decades. It's the Republican's turn, and they will not do so. Republicans believe in division, not unity.

Don't ask me to back the vice president elect. As far as I'm concerned he is the Anti-Christ, he is already putting into place repealing LGBT rights. He is advancing his anti-abortion/anti women's health plan. He is in the process of destroying education in this country as we know it. He wants to dismantle any type of FAMILY healthcare. His form of Extremist Evangelical Values is one of exclusion and hatred hidden behind devoutness.

Don't ask me to listen/agree/believe a Presidential Cabinet filled with hate mongering losers who believe that immigrants, gay people and those with dissenting opinions should be thrown out of this country or not have the same rights as others.

Don't tell me Trump and his minions are not antisemitic, the similarities to 1930's Germany are startling.

Don't tell me Muslims have nothing to fear.

Don't tell me police will treat black people the same as whites.

Don't tell me all these stories of hate around the country are fake. They're not, many have been recanted due to overt pressure by local police departments who refuse to prosecute.

Don't tell me to look at pictures of cute puppies and kittens because you no longer want to see what we as a country are facing. I

f you voted for Trump, feel free to unfriend me. Don;t expect me to engage you, you don't get it. I cannot sit around and hold hands with someone who puts their head in a bucket of sand and sees gold flakes.

No comments: