Saturday, April 5, 2008

Adios Fios

This is it, for the last time I am no longer putting up with these piece of shit Motorola DVR boxes that are not working, shows not being taped, power buttons not turning on or off. How many boxes in 3 months am I supposed to be hassled about to find ONE that works? How many times do I have to be on the phone? How many missed appointments do I have to deal with? How many more lost internet connections due to wireless routers that are marginal at best causing me to lose valuable business and pleasure time can I accept?

NONE...NO MORE...FINITO..HAD IT...YOUR OUTTA HERE!

I called, of course got put on hold, of course there was no supervisor to talk to on the first call, of course was told when I finally got through to a wonderful customer service supervisor, that she would write in my file to waive the early cancellation fee, but there were no guarantees that it would be waived.

I called Comcast, yes its a bit more money, but this time, the phone was answered promptly, and really nice intelligent person helped me ...

This Monday, as of 2pm, Freedom from Fios!

Thank You Mrs. ____ From Verizon, I do not want to leave you name because you were honest with me about the dumb as a brick management who may not waive the termination fee. I told you about the blog, and this is a huge thanks, for helping as much as you can. This is alos a huge thanks to all those reps at Verizon who put up with the crap.

One thing I have discovered when calling Verizon is, you can have frustration in your voice. The reps are well aware of what is going on, commiserate with them, explain you understand how Verizon is not serving their employees and creating difficulties in dealing with their clients because of the management, short staffing, phone prompts from hell designed to keep you on longer , and incomplete information. Tell them you understand how difficult their job is, they will treat you all the better for that little bit of understanding. Once the rep realizes that you understand how completely out of touch with reality Verizon's management towards its employees and customers are, problems have a chance at getting solved.

And that my friends, if you really think about it, sums up every problem with Verizon.

No comments: