Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Way Phone Calls...

"Full name please... address... Social... Phone number where you can be reached... the next appointment is Tuesday at 3:00pm ... please hold..."

Great... I got an appointment within a week..hot diggity.

So why am I pissed...

On Monday I get a call confirming I will be at the appointment on time and in the right office. I asked to be called if the Dr. was running late, 'No Problem' I was told. It is now 3:30, I live 3 minutes from the Dr's office, and there are 2 people in front of me... waiting...
The Doctor is running late... again.

So I go up to the glass, blocking those in the steerage compartment from the 'crackerjack' staff in the office.

"Excuse me, do you know how much longer the Dr is going to be? I have to get back to work."

"She is running late, about another 30 minutes or so..." Crap.

"How come you did not call me and let me know?"

"I did not know the Dr was running late then."

'HUH? I don't get it, you make me give you a number to be reached at, you called yesterday to confirm, you told me you would call if she was running late and over scheduled, and you couldn't call me? Then why take my cell phone number??"

"Even if I called you, you would still have to sign in, and wait behind everyone else... and we do not call to let you know the Dr is late. You should have called first."

"Why? My appointment is for 3:00, I made this appointment last week, and told you that I am on a break and could not wait, you said no problem.... and now... I am waiting, and YOUR the ones running late, not me... why leave a number if you won't help to cause LESS STRESS for your patients."

"Please come with me... a room just opened..."

"How long am I going to have to wait in the room?" I ask.

"About 30 minutes."

I turn around, and right in front of me is a very pretty beige wall, covered by a lovely textured wallpaper that probably costs more money than the clean up budget from Hurricane Katrina... I look at this wall and do the only thing I can... I start banging my head against it... till I REALLY get a headache and then walk out.

No comments: